Who needs a Spill Prevnetion, Control and Countermeasure Plan?

If you own a facility that has oil storage tanks near or adjacent to a waters of navigable water then you will need to have a Spill Prevention, Control and Conuntemeasure Plan.

When does the plan need to be signed by a professional engineer?

If you have a total above ground oil storage capacity of 10,000 US gallons or more you will need your SPCC Plan certified by a licensed professional engineer. From 40 CFR part 112

Need more information about Bulk Storage Cantainer Inspections click here for  the EPA fact sheet.

Here is a great brochure that explains who should have a SPCC Plan in place. Click here for this great EPA brochure.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 918-607-6094.

Comments are closed.